Saturday, January 23, 2010

Denrenle's never ending 'craze'


DENRELE EDUN

No. he's not crazy. he's just a hyperactive kid with a crazy imagination making us all believe he is crazy. in this expose, denrenle reveals his thought on most of his favourite things.

Date of birth: June 13, 1983
Relationship status: single
Political views: moderate
Religious views: liberal

EDUCATION…
I went to St. Gregory's College, Ikoyi for my secondary education and went to further it at the University of Lagos were I studied English Education. (There are only two schools in Nigeria, Unilag and other schools!)

JOB…
I work at Sound city as the Channel Ambassador/producer/On-air personality. I’ve been working there since June 2005.
If I were to describe my job, I’d say its Madness well packaged in a spunkily sophisticated parcel! I’m always in the studio shooting something or the other, running up and down the flight of stairs in the office, talking on the phone nonstop, editing profusely, screaming my veins out in the office, harassing my fellow co-workers (that’s more fun), rushing off for a red carpet event or the other, looking at my reflection in a makeshift mirror and talking to myself, biting my nails off on what I’m gonna wear next, attending to artistes, previewing videos, proof reading scripts, changing drawers and hiding files,
playing loud music very loud indeed and best of all…Facebook always open!

INTERESTS…
Not only do I model, act, dance like a possessed demon, VJ for Nigeria's music channel (Sound city), eat like there's no tomorrow, I also tear, shred, patch, zip, rip, pin up, hook my clothes and (please, I don’t feature in artistes videos for as living, though I have been in hundreds of videos recall D'banj's "Why Me?" The mad son asked me to make another appearance in his new video and I ran for dear life!) I’m so unpredictable that I’m not sure who I actually am at times?
Noise making! kai, since I’m paid to talk nineteen to the dozen (which I do so frigging well), I love making noise and just shouting for no just cause! Give me a call and you'll see!
Dancing! Them use dance swear for me, kai! You need to hang out with me at the club one night and you'll understand. I don’t smoke or drink but I truly dance like an epileptic convulsing patient! Plus, I can dance for hours on end!
Modelling, my greatest passions and hey! I made good money whist modelling
Music, love music though I can’t sing ONE note to save my life! And I used to be in my church choir, grabbing the laurels for best Chorister (don’t ask me how I did it)
what else? I’m the 8th world wonder. Look, if no one's gonna sing your praises, you do it yourself!

FAVOURITE MUSIC:
LADY GAGA! I love the new album and the single "Just Dance" is making my full-split more splitting! Michelle Williams' "We Break the Dawn" is another piece of ear splitting candy! Can’t explain it anymore, but Ashanti has won me over to her side with her new album and "The way that I love you" is such a melodious haunting anthem! ROCK! Pure unadulterated rock. Maroon5, Depeche mode, Linkin’ Park, Red hot chilli peppers, Daughtry, Fall out boy, etc The list is endless!
Any thing by BONNEY M! I grew up with this group when I was 5 or 6 years. I had an Afro back then and I will jump on my bed with my father's earphones singing "Daddy Cool" and "Fever". My gran was mortified!
"Say it Right"- Nelly furtado
"Flaws and all"- Beyonce (Am I Mad? anything by Beyonce, that sex siren doesn’t get half around plus I met her one on one when she came to Nigeria, In short she wanna notice me die? Don’t biff me o!)
"Ms Kelly". I love Kelly Rowland’s album. I hung out with her and just loved her warm overwhelming personality, so I bought the album to remember her every smile and hug she gave me...Uhhh!
Sugababes, love these babes, they rock! Would do anything to have them on my show!
Femi kuti and the Positive force, Come see me at the African Shrine and you’ll know that madness pass madness!
The Corrs, they rock! The best song writers alive!
Amerie, her legs are killing! Plus I love her new found energy.

FAVOURITE TV SHOWS:
Prison break (the scripting is madcap crazy!), Desperate Housewives (if Eva Longoria touched me, I’ll boast about it till eternity!), Sex and the City, Scrubs (I laughed my testicles off!), Lost (Top notch intrigue), Gossip Girl (girly, I know but the bitching is TOO sweet to be ignored!)

FAVOURITE MOVIES:
Femme Fatale (I would have given anything to be Antonio Banderas in that movie)
Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3.
The Matrix 1, 2, 3.
X-Men 1, 2, 3.
Perfect Strangers, Here on Earth, Deuce bigalow, Jay and Silent Bob, The Hours, Honey, Dream Girls, Babel, etc
FAVOURITE BOOKS:
Anything by MARIAN KEYES...she's the ultimate read! Her books stand the test of time...They come with a health warning, they are totally addictive!
Judith Krantz for polished glamour and matchless sexiness.
Sidney Sheldon for mind blowing plots and characters larger than life.
Louise Bagshawe for steamy hot sex and cosmopolitan chic.....She's so hot on my reading list rite now!
John Grisham for...I can’t even explain....
Adele Parks, Olivia Goldsmith, Sarah Webb, Karen King-Aribisala.....
Ok, I know I was asked about books, but I have read almost all the books written by these authors and I...just wanted to show off a lil.
FAVOURITE QUOTATIONS:
"I'm not a Tease; I'm just what you can’t have!"
"Be a 1st class version of yourself and not a 2nd class version of somebody else."
"Looking good is not only the best revenge; it’s the best self confidence booster ever!"
"Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day for the rest of your life."

ABOUT ME:
I’m an angel, I’m a devil, I am sometimes in between;
I’m as bad as it can get and good as it can be;
Sometimes I’m a million colours, sometimes I’m black and white...I am all Extreme! Try to figure me out, you never can!
I’m filled with self belief and haunted by self doubt;
I like to be by myself, I hate to be alone;
I am up and I am down;
I’m a million contradictions, sometimes I make no sense;
Sometimes I’m perfect, sometimes I’m a mess;
Sometimes I’m not sure who I am,
I’ve got all the answers, I’ve got nothing figured out;
For me, it’s part of the thrill, at times part of the plan;
Look I’m not sure who I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment