Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Iyanya Set to Release Second Album


With the loss of his mother and only brother, you could say the past few months have been hard for R&B singer, Iyanya. But the first-ever Project Fame West Africa winner is putting all that behind him as he is getting ready for his second body of work.
Iyanya’s two singles are already enjoying airplay on radio stations and in a short while the video to one of them ‘I’m the one’ will hit the screens. He sure is bringing his best out for 2011.
‘It’s been a period of mixed blessings for me – on one hand I’m getting such amazing support for my career, and I’m humbled by the growth I’ve recorded since I won Project Fame in 2008. But on the other hand, I’ve had to deal with the loss of my entire family; my dad, my brother, and my mom. It’s really more than I can handle, but I thank my friends, fans and the media for standing firm by me‘, says Iyanya, who recently signed up with Lagos-based label Buzz Avenue.
Iyanya has teamed up with producers TY Mix, Waz Beats and a few others to create an album that he says ‘everyone will be proud of’.

No comments:

Post a Comment