Friday, March 12, 2010

JESSE JAGZ : ANOTHER ABAGA UNLEASHED.


Jesse, producer extra-ordinaire and musician took time out to tell us about his experience and the journey so far. Ada Igboanugo and Kayinsola Doherty write...


Please introduce you and give us a brief background.

My name is Jesse garba abaga. I am from a family of three and I’m the second boy. We are all boys. I started music at an early age because I grew up in church. I schooled and stayed in Jos. I started music professionally in 2001.

Was becoming a musician part of your future ambition?

I'd like to think so... It was always part of my life so even when I was in school I always dreamt of doing this
So if you were a Doctor, you would have been an artist too?

Lol... Nah would’ve been an artist. I don't think I’ve ever wanted to do anything else

Apart from being an artiste, you produce for a lot of artistes like yourself, how did you start producing?


Well I just picked interest in it and it was sort of easy for me being a drummer to understand it.

Which are you more passionate about, being an artist or a producer?

Well for me they are all one and the same...

Recently, you won the Future Awards for Producer of the year, how do you feel about that?

It felt good and humbling at the same time. I was nominated last year but didn't win. It always feels good to win

What do you feel about the comparison between you and M.I that seems to be a discussion or argument all the time?

Well it’s inevitable since we are in the same line of work. But for us we understand that it is important and necessary to help both of us musically.

You are set to release an album, what should we expect from it?

It’s very revolutionary... It’s totally different from nothing out there. It’s Nigerian, its hip-hop. It’s international

Who are the artists you worked with on it?

Braimoh, Skales, Munachi, Banky W, Soul-E Baba, Silver Saddih, Lindsey and my loopy boys Ice Prince and MI(who is my executive producer)

What’s the Name Of the album?
Jag of all Trades

Can you tell us your greatest achievement so Far?

Hmmm ... Guess it’s being able to inspire people... Having the power to give people hope and influence them.

1 comment: